Thursday, April 12, 2012

Logo Redesign and Process

Finished design:

Black and white:




I started this project knowing that I wanted to redesign the Red Rose tea logo. I've always found it to be old-fashioned, and I knew I wanted it to look more modern.

Here's the original:

My process started by trying to work with pictures of roses and teapots, but they really weren't an improvement on the original.

Then I found an interesting picture of three teacups online. I adjusted the colors in Photoshop, then I created outlines in Illustrator, abstracted the image and adjusted the colors even more. Then I tilted the last cup, so the handle is in a different direction.

It took awhile, but I finally found a font that I like. It's more modern and interesting because it's so disjointed. The logo doesn't immediately look like three teacups, but I think it would recognizable to consumers of the brand.

Finally, I enlarged the staff of the "d" so it touches the middle teacup to try and create more unity between the text and the image.


This logo is my second favorite:


Here are two other fonts I tried:





No comments:

Post a Comment